Competence in the fields "Electrical Motors and Power Electronics" and "Hybrid Electric Vehicles"
The Institute of Electrical Engineering (ETI) is a member of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
The new chair "Hybrid Electric Vehicles" was established in 2011 and is headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Doppelbauer.
Field of research "Electric Drives and Power Electronics"
- Control of electrical drives
- Power electronics
- Renewable energy
Professorship "Hybrid Electric Vehicles"
- Electromagnetic energy converter
- Drive Systems
Training of students in the areas of:
- Electric drives and power electronics
- Renewable Energy
Practical applications of these subjects is imparted by numerous laboratory courses, workshops and seminars.
see Studium und Lehre, Prüfungen, Studentische Arbeiten, Studienmodelle
- Lectures from research and industry during the semester
Skills and equipment
- Development and construction of power converter systems
- Test stands for electric machines
- Data logging of the in-house solar energy system
- Labs and PC workstations
- Mechanical and electrical workshop